3.1 Membership. The NWSCA shall have members within the meaning of the Oregon Nonprofit Corporation Act.
A. Membership rolls shall consist of those persons, organizations and agencies that fulfill the membership requirements of the articles and bylaws.
B. There shall be four categories of membership in NWSCA as described below.
1) Professional Members: Professional Members shall consist of persons whose vocation is to provide religious ministry in the field of Law Enforcement and Corrections. Basic eligibility for Professional Members shall include:
i. Ordination, certification, or ecclesiastical verification in religious vocation.
ii. Theological education as required by religious affiliation.
iii. Ecclesiastical approval in the field of Law Enforcement or Corrections.
Professional Members have the following rights:
i. To be sent notices
ii. To attend regular meetings
iii. To present motions
iv. To speak on debatable questions
v. To serve on committees
vi. To inspect official records of the organization including an up-to-date copy of the bylaws and minutes
vii. To attend NWSCA events at a reduced cost
2) Affiliate Members: Affiliate members shall consist of organizations that have a special interest in religious ministry within Law Enforcement and Corrections. A designated representative may not hold elective office but may chair a committee. Affiliate members may include any of the following:
i. Religious Organizations
iii. Official Agencies
iv. Institutions of Higher Learning
3) Associate Members: Associate Members include lay persons, part time volunteers and student intern chaplains who have an interest in ministry within Law Enforcement and Correctional facilities and wish to be supportive of NWSCA. They may chair committees but may not hold elective offices.
4) Honorary Members: Honorary Membership may be conferred upon any person who has shown outstanding interest in or service to:
ii. Law Enforcement
iv. Inmates within correctional institutions.
Names of persons to be considered for this honor may be submitted by the Membership Committee of NWSCA at any time. Honorary lifetime memberships may be conferred by 2/3rds vote of the NWSCA Membership Committee. Honorary members may not hold elective office.
5) Founding Members: Founding membership shall also be awarded to donors whose contributions fall within these levels:
i. Friends $1 to $99
ii. Collaborators $100 to $499
iii. Partners $500 to $999
iv. Catalyst $1,000 to +
3.3 How to Become a Member of NWSCA
A. A person may join NWSCA by completing an application and submitting it to the NWSCA Secretary with dues set by the NWSCA Board of Directors. The Secretary shall determine if the applicant meets the qualifications for membership and which category of membership is appropriate. Any questions which arise shall be referred to the Membership Committee.
B. The term of membership shall be one year and may be renewed by the payment of dues as set by NWSCA. Membership is based on fiscal year from July 1 through June 30.
3.4 Membership Committee
A. The Chairperson shall be the NWSCA Secretary.
B. There shall be 3 members appointed by the President.
C. The Membership Committee shall assist the Secretary in implementing membership requirements in the Articles and Bylaws by:
1) Preparing official application forms,
2) Assisting in recruiting new members and renewing delinquent members,
3) Processing applications,
4) Resolving questions of membership and
5) Preparing an annual list of members to be mailed to all members.
3.5 Reinstatement of Lapsed Membership: A person who has not paid his or her dues by September 1 of the following year shall be deemed to have allowed membership to have expired. Reinstatement of such lapsed membership can, without reapplication, be made within four (4) months of the expiration upon payment of dues.
3.6 Dues: The yearly dues for this organization shall be payable on July 1 of each year as follows:
A. Professional Membership: (Individual Membership) Annual Dues $50
B. Affiliate Membership: (Organizational Membership) Annual Dues $250
C. Associate Membership: (Volunteers, Interns) Annual Dues $0
D. Honorary Membership: (Outstanding Service) Annual Dues $0
E. Founding Membership:
1) Friends $1 to $99
2) Collaborators $100 to $499
3) Partners $500 to $999
4) Catalyst $1,000 to +
Serving All Law Enforcement Chaplains Through Dynamic Education And Support